SUN TO THURS 5PM TO 12PM / FRI & SAT 5PM TO 2AM
The Royal Victoria Dock is the largest and deepest of the three docks in the Royal Docks. It was opened in 1855 and was the first of the Royal Docks to be developed to accommodate large steam ships. These steam ships brought in cargo and served Millennium Flour Mill, built in 1904.
The dock was badly damaged by German bombing in World War II. From 1960s there was a decline in trade by steam ship due to containerisation into Tilbury. The dock finally closed to commercial traffic in 1980.
The Royal Victoria Dock has been extensively re-developed. It still has some of the listed buildings the historic 19th century K-S , W Warehouse and original cranes around the dock.